2 cups chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 cups chopped scallions or chives (Iranian tareh)
1 cup chopped fresh dill
1 cup chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons barberries (zereshk) *optional
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts *optional
5 large eggs
1/3 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1-2 tablespoons flour
Vegetable oil or olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs with a fork or whisk until well blended
- Then add all the above ingredients except the oil and mix thoroughly until well blended.
- To this mixture add four tablespoons of olive oil and stir well.
- Use 1-2 tablespoons oil to grease your ovenproof skillet or baking dish.
- Gently pour the herb mixture into the dish evenly, cover lightly with an aluminum foil and place in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit pre-heated oven for 45 minutes.
- Half way through cooking remove the foil. Once cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting it into small pieces.